DW (DRUM WORKSHOP) Performance Series 6-piece Shell Pack
- Black Diamond
A Bona Fide, American-made DW
The DW Performance Series' HVX maple shells are hand built in the same California plant, by the same skilled craftsmen, as DW's inimitable Collector's Series. Its hardware even offers many of the same tuning and performance advantages. Reduced Quarter Turret lugs and a range of specialty wrap, lacquer, and satin finishes give the Performance Series a heart and soul all its own.
DW Performance Series vs DW Collector's Series
Unlike the 100% custom Collector's Series, the DW Performance Series maximizes value by limiting configurable options. If you're in the market for an authentic American DW playing experience at a real-world price, look no further than the Performance Series.
Specialty Performance finishes
The DW Performance Series is available in several finish options. Choose hand-applied lacquer and satin stains for a contemporary look; or for something more classic, choose DW's durable FinishPly wraps, sourced from Delmar USA's UV-treated specialty plastics.
Your dream kit awaits
As the nation's largest DW Performance Series dealer, Sweetwater stocks nearly every shell size and finish available in the line. Your dream kit is just a click or call away.
HVX maple shells
The Performance Series begins with DW's US-built, handcrafted HVX hard rock North American maple shells. The HVX grain orientation arranges wood plies horizontally, vertically, and diagonally for a deep and satisfying fundamental. Shells are baked in pressure molds (2600 PSI at 200°F) then immediately Cool Tempered to crystallize the glue, maximizing strength, roundness, and resonance. Toms come crowned with pinpoint 45° back-cut bearing edges to enhance attack and increase head response; the kick drum features 60° edges for richer depth and effortless playability.
Proprietary DW hardware
Unique to the Performance Series are DW's reduced-size Quarter Turret lugs. These offer a decidedly sleeker, more modern appearance that many DW artists prefer. A closer look reveals much of the same hardware found throughout the DW's Collector's Series:
- Graduated Counter Hoops, weighted per each shell size, unlock a dynamic balance of attack and sustain
- Washer-less STM Suspension Tom Mounts float toms securely without choking tone
- Fine-threaded True-Pitch tension rods maximize tuning accuracy
DW Performance Series Shell Pack Features:
- Handcrafted and finished in Oxnard, California
- Quarter Turret lugs are sleek and recognizable
- HVX maple shells deliver a deep, powerful fundamental
- Heat forming/Cool Tempering maximizes shell strength, roundness, and resonance
- 45° and 60° bearing edges promise modern cut and sustain
- Graduated flanged hoops are tailored to each shell diameter
- STM tom mounts suspend shells securely without choking tone
- 21" floor tom legs accommodate a range of playing heights
- Fine-threaded True-Pitch tension rods enhance tuning accuracy
DRUM WORKSHOP DW Performance Series 6-piece Shell Pack - Black Diamond
- Finish: Natural Satin Oil
- Configuration: Shell pack with snare 6.5" x 14"
- Number of Drums: 6
- Mounted Toms (Depth x Diameter): 8" x 10", 9" x 12"
- Floor Toms (Depth x Diameter): 12" x 14", 14" x 16"
- Bass Drums (Depth x Diameter): 18" x 22"
- Shell Material: Maple